National Top 10 hospitality and entertainment design firm creates an open, collaborative space to foster ideas and innovation
HBG Design, a Top 10 provider of architecture and interior design to the national hospitality and entertainment industry, announces that its San Diego, California, office has relocated to new office space at 707 Broadway, effective October 1, 2017.
Headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee, HBG Design established its downtown San Diego presence in 2016. Since that time, the firm has tripled its staff count, growing to 15 employees in 21 months. The new space is designed to allow continued growth as the firm recruits new talent. HBG Design is no stranger to San Diego County; it has been working with clients in the area since 2005 and is currently delivering the $226 million resort expansion to the Sycuan Casino Resort scheduled for completion in 2019. The firm is also engaged in five other resort/hospitality design projects in both southern and northern California.
“Our new office space is part of a long-term strategy to position HBG Design for continued success in the national hospitality and entertainment design market,” says Rick Gardner, AIA, HBG Design’s Practice Leader. “The California office move allows our teams to provide enhanced client service to our West Coast clients who are integral to the growth of our entire design practice.”
The new San Diego office boasts an open floor plan and 12 foot high ceilings, with big, open workspaces that encourage collaboration. The office design celebrates HBG Design’s brand aesthetic with features and zones that visually and physically connect employees to one another and to the firm’s design-driven culture. Joe Baruffaldi, AIA, leads the San Diego office. “Our new 6,600 square foot space will greatly enhance our collaborative, technology-driven working style within a more synergistic, employee- and team-centered workspace,” he says. “We’re excited about calling 707 Broadway home.”
- The modern, technology-advanced office has been configured to accommodate the highly progressive nature of the design industry.
- Modern open workstations provide a collaborative project team environment, balanced with low partitions that are tall enough to provide privacy for employees when seated.
- Open design critique spaces provide large pin-up board walls and open meeting space where design teams can share ideas and innovation.
- All conference rooms are wired for smart conferencing technology.
- Electronic lighting controls and motion sensors turn lights on and off according to movement to save energy.
- Focal points of color and brand messaging throughout the office provides opportunities for guests to connect with the HBG Design brand.
HBG Design San Diego’s office address and main phone number has changed to:
707 Broadway, Suite 900
San Diego, CA 92101
HBG Design’s Memphis headquarters is located at 40 South Main Street, Suite 2300, Memphis, TN 38103.